XD Y-Branches, also known as wyes or laterals are added typically to accommodate an additional line or lines into the main one. XD Branches have Quick-Fit (QF) rolled ends for fast, clamp together installation in highly abrasive applications that require thick walled ducting. They are higher wear and an excellent alternative where standard gauged Y-Branches are requiring frequent replacement.
XD Y-Branches are manufactured as follows:
- In galvanized 14 or 12 gauge steel with diameter sizes of 8 to 24 inches and standard 60 degrees with an optional 90 degrees.
- Seam is solid welded and leak free.
- QF Rolled edge is .7 nominal inches
- Standard QF ends can be changed to Raw with a defined ID dimension (RawID), Raw with a defined OD dimension (RawOD), No Fitting or just a raw end (NoFit), Flexible hose adapter (RawFlex), Flat Flange (FFL), Angle Flange (ANGFL), or Van Stone (VanStone).
- At temperatures ranging between 390° F and 480° F, the zinc-iron alloy layers in the galvanized steel will continue to provide a high level of protection from corrosion. However, there may be some peeling, changes in mechanical properties, and reduction in the corrosion protection. Recommended maximum service temperature is 390° F.
|XD Y-Branch||Galvanized||ASTM A527 with a G-90 Rating|