XD Ducting Elbow, also known as bend segments, are constructed with heavier gauged metal, used to change the airflow direction in applications that require thick walled ducting. They are higher wear and an excellent alternative where standard gauged elbows are requiring frequent replacement. Standard XD and optional long radius elbows are available in bend angles of 90, 60, 45, and 30 degrees.
XD Elbows are manufactured as follows:
- In diameter sizes of 8 to 24 inches with 14 Gauged Galvanized Steel
- Have a segmented (gored) construction with a solid butt welded seam and a plasma welded collar with Quick-Fit (QF) rolled ends.
- Centerline Radius(CLR) is 1.5 inches. Custom CLR's are available.
- Tangents are all 2.25 inches
- QF Rolled edge is a nominal .7 inches
- Standard QF ends can be changed to Raw with a defined ID dimension (RawID), Raw with a defined OD dimension (RawOD), No Fitting or just a raw end (NoFit), Flexible hose adapter (RawFlex), Flat Flange (FFL), Angle Flange (ANGFL), or Van Stone (VanStone).
- At temperatures ranging between 390° F and 480° F, the zinc-iron alloy layers in the galvanized steel will continue to provide a high level of protection from corrosion. However, there may be some peeling, changes in mechanical properties, and reduction in the corrosion protection. Recommended maximum service temperature is 390° F.
|XD Elbow||Galvanized||ASTM A527 with a G-90 Rating|