XD Branches, also known as wyes or laterals are added typically to accommodate an additional line or lines into the main one. XD Branches have Quick-Fit (QF) rolled ends for fast, clamp together Installation in highly abrasive applications that require thick walled ducting. They are higher wear and an excellent alternative where standard gauged branches are requiring frequent replacement.
XD Branches are manufactured as follows:
- In galvanized 14 gauge steel with diameter sizes of 8 to 24 inches and standard 30 degrees with an optional 45 degrees.
- Seam is solid welded and leak free.
- QF Rolled edge is .7 nominal inches
- Standard QF ends can be changed to Raw with a defined ID dimension (RawID), Raw with a defined OD dimension (RawOD), No Fitting or just a raw end (NoFit), Flexible hose adapter (RawFlex), Flat Flange (FFL), Angle Flange (ANGFL), or Van Stone (VanStone).
- At temperatures ranging between 390° F and 480° F, the zinc-iron alloy layers in the galvanized steel will continue to provide a high level of protection from corrosion. However, there may be some peeling, changes in mechanical properties, and reduction in the corrosion protection. Recommended maximum service temperature is 390° F.
|XD Branch||Galvanized||ASTM A527 with a G-90 Rating|