SD Automatic Blast Gate
Gates are used as energy-saving devices and are added to ductwork allowing the shut off of airflow from all machines that run intermittently. This improves suction at other points in the system, reducing the amount of air that must be moved, and minimizes heated or cooled air exhausted from the work area. The SD Auto Blast Gate is built for years of continuous use in the most demanding conditions. A heavy duty cast aluminum body is encased in protective galvanized sheeting to safely shield fingers from moving parts. The SD Gates are operated by compressed air cylinders, controlled by electrically connected solenoids.
SD Auto Blast Gates are manufactured as follows:
- Collars have a laser welded longitudinal seam and are spot welded to each side of the cast aluminum body, with standard 20 to 22 gauge galvanize or optional 16 to 18 gauge galvanized metal
- They have one air cylinder for 3 to 8 inch diameters and two cylinders for 9 to 22 inch diameters
- Not available in Stainless Steel
- QF ends can be changed to Raw with a defined ID dimension (RawID), Raw with a defined OD dimension (RawOD), No Fitting or just a raw end (NoFit), Flexible hose adapter (RawFlex), Flat Flange (FFL), Angle Flange (ANGFL), or Van Stone (VanStone).
- At temperatures ranging between 390° F and 480° F, the zinc-iron alloy layers in the galvanized steel will continue to provide a high level of protection from corrosion. However, there may be some peeling, changes in mechanical properties, and reduction in the corrosion protection. Recommended maximum service temperature is 390° F.
- Rock River Silicone Sealant and Red Devil HVAC/R High Temperature Silicone Sealant are not able to be painted.
|SD Automatic Blast Gate||Galvanized||ASTM A653 with a G-90 Rating|
|3M Sealant 560||Polyurethane Adhesive||ASTM E162, ASTM E662
Bombardier SP 800-C