QF Manual Blast Gate NFMES
Gates are used as energy-saving devices and are added to ductwork allowing the shut off of airflow from all machines that run intermittently. This improves suction at other points in the system, reducing the amount of air that must be moved, and minimizes heated or cooled air exhausted from the work area. Quick-Fit Manual NFMES Blast Gates are compact and easy to operate gates, constructed of galvanized metal with a special sealing device that reduces air loss and friction in operation. allowing manual operation. Collars are located on the exterior side of each port and considered as air flow non-directional.
QF Manual Blast Gates NFMES are manufactured as follows:
- Body and blade are constructed with 18 gauge cast aluminum, and handles with 1018 carbon steel, Powder Coated
- Collars have a laser welded longitudinal seam and are spot welded to each side of the cast aluminum body, with standard 20 to 22 gauge Galvanize or Stainless-Steel metal, with diameter sizes of 4 to 16 inches. 3 inch diameters are available in 18 gauge Galvanized only
- QF ends can be changed to Raw with a defined ID dimension (RawID), Raw with a defined OD dimension (RawOD), No Fitting or just a raw end (NoFit), Flexible hose adapter (RawFlex), Flat Flange (FFL), Angle Flange (ANGFL), or Van Stone (VanStone).
|SS 304 Collar
- At temperatures ranging between 390° F and 480° F, the zinc-iron alloy layers in the galvanized steel will continue to provide a high level of protection from corrosion. However, there may be some peeling, changes in mechanical properties, and reduction in the corrosion protection. Recommended maximum service temperature is 390° F.
- For 304 SS metal, bluing may occur at temperatures of 800° F and above.
- Rock River Silicone Sealant and Red Devil HVAC/R High Temperature Silicone Sealant are not able to be painted.
|QF Manual Blast Gate NFMES||Galvanized||ASTM A653 with a G-90 Rating|
|304 SS||Finish meets ASTM A240|
|316 SS||Finish meets ASTM A240|
|Gasket||High Density Polyethylene
|Gasket Spring||Poron Cellular Urethane|
|3M Scotch Seal Metal Sealant 2084||Acetone blend||AAMA Specification 801.1|