QF Blast Gate NFES Automatic
Blast gates are used as energy saving devices for industrial dust extraction where extraction is not always needed, and where manual control needs to be eliminated. NFES Automatic Blast Gates are operated by double-acting compressed air cylinders. The cylinders are controlled by electrically-connected solenoid to machines or a remote switch with a 120V control circuit and 75psi minimum air pressure. Optional 24V DC or AC control circuit is available.
QF NFES Automatic Blast Gates are manufactured as follows:
- Gates are constructed of Galvanized metal or Stainless Steel (optional) and a special sealing device that reduces air loss and friction in operation
- The bodies come standard in 14 gauge, cover 20 gauge, and the blades 3 to 8 inches are 14 gauge with the 9 to 22 inch blades are 10 gauge
- Collars are a standard 20 to 22 gauge and an optional 16 to 18 gauge Galvanized or Stainless-Steel. Diameter sizes of 3 to 8 inches come with a single compressed air cylinder and sizes 9 to 22 inches with two cylinders
In the XD line there are heavier gauge options available
- QF ends can be changed to Raw with a defined ID dimension (RawID), Raw with a defined OD dimension (RawOD), No Fitting or just a raw end (NoFit), Flexible hose adapter (RawFlex), Flat Flange (FFL), Angle Flange (ANGFL), or Van Stone (VanStone).
|Galv. and 304SS
- At temperatures ranging between 390° F and 480° F, the zinc-iron alloy layers in the galvanized steel will continue to provide a high level of protection from corrosion. However, there may be some peeling, changes in mechanical properties, and reduction in the corrosion protection. Recommended maximum service temperature is 390° F.
- For 304 SS metal, bluing may occur at temperatures of 800° F and above.
- Rock River Silicone Sealant and Red Devil HVAC/R High Temperature Silicone Sealant are not able to be painted.
|QF Blast Gate NFES Automatic||Galvanized||ASTM A653 with a G-90 Rating|
|304 SS||Finish meets ASTM A240|
|316 SS||Finish meets ASTM A240|
|3M Scotch Seal Metal Sealant 2084||Acetone blend||AAMA Specification 801.1|