Clamping Duct Hanger
Clamping Duct Hangers provides a sturdy connection that keeps pipe movement to a minimum. Clamping Hangers are not to be used as a connection.
The Clamping Duct Hanger is manufactured as follows:
- from 3 to 24 inches in diameter in either 14 gauge Galvanize metal or 16 gauge 304SS Stainless Steel. Galvanized clamps are of an “overlapped” design
- All clamp hangers are supplied with galvanized bridge pin. Small bridge pin comes with clamp sizes 4 to 6 inch, large pin with 7 inch and larger size clamps
Tested by MET Laboratories to hold, without failure, up to 170 lbs for 9 inch and up to 850 lbs for 20 inch Strut Hangers.
- Manufactured in either 14 gauge Galvanize or 16 gauge 304SS Stainless Steel.
- At temperatures ranging between 390° F and 480° F, the zinc-iron alloy layers in the galvanized steel will continue to provide a high level of protection from corrosion. However, there may be some peeling, changes in mechanical properties, and reduction in the corrosion protection. Recommended maximum service temperature is 390° F.
- For 304 SS metal, bluing may occur at temperatures of 800° F and above.
- Rock River Silicone Sealant and Red Devil HVAC/R High Temperature Silicone Sealant are not able to be painted.
|Clamping Duct Hanger||Galvanized||ASTM A653 with a G-90 Rating|
|304 SS||Finish meets ASTM A240|
|316 SS||Finish meets ASTM A240|