Clamp With QF Silicone Seal
Clamp with Silicone Seal is a quick and easy way to connect QF Pipe and other QF fittings together for applications requiring higher temperatures where nitrile seals are unacceptable. These clamps are also supplied with a cotter pin to lock the clamp in the closed position. Galvanized cotter pins are supplied with galvanized QF clamps, and 304SS cotter pins are supplied with 304SS QF clamps.
Clamps with Silicone Seal are manufactured as follows:
- in diameter sizes of 3 to 24 inches with 20, 18 and 16 gauge Galvanized or 22, 20 and 18 gauge Stainless Steel with like material for the cotter pins
- 3 to 6 inch diameters come with a small cotter pin and a 3/8 inch wide ePTFE Seal
- 7 to 12 inch diameters come with a large cotter pin and a 1/2 inch wide ePTFE Seal
- 12 to 24 inch diameters come with a large cotter pin and a 5/8 inch wide ePTFE Seal
- At temperatures ranging between 390° F and 480° F, the zinc-iron alloy layers in the galvanized steel will continue to provide a high level of protection from corrosion. However, there may be some peeling, changes in mechanical properties, and reduction in the corrosion protection. Recommended maximum service temperature is 390° F.
- For 304 SS metal, bluing may occur at temperatures of 800° F and above.
|QF Clamp||Galvanized||ASTM A653 with a G-90 Rating|
|304 SS||Finish meets ASTM A240|
|Gaskets||Silicone||ASTM D1056 2D2|