Clamp With Pin QF ePTFE Seal
Clamps with Pin QF ePTFE Seal are a quick and easy way to connect QF Pipe and other QF fittings together for applications requiring higher temperatures. These clamps are supplied with an internal seal and cotter pin to lock the clamp in the closed position. Galvanized cotter pins are supplied with galvanized QF clamps, and 304SS cotter pins are supplied with 304SS QF clamps.
QF Clamps are manufactured as follows:
- in diameter sizes of 3 to 24 inches with 20, 18 and 16 gauge Galvanized or 22, 20 and 18 gauge Stainless Steel with like material for the cotter pins
- 3 to 6 inch diameters come with a small cotter pin and a 3/8 inch wide ePTFE Seal
- 7 to 12 inch diameters come with a large cotter pin and a 1/2 inch wide ePTFE Seal
- 12 to 24 inch diameters come with a large cotter pin and a 5/8 inch wide ePTFE Seal
- At temperatures ranging between 390° F and 480° F, the zinc-iron alloy layers in the galvanized steel will continue to provide a high level of protection from corrosion. However, there may be some peeling, changes in mechanical properties, and reduction in the corrosion protection. Recommended maximum service temperature is 390° F.
- For 304 SS metal, bluing may occur at temperatures of 800° F and above.
|QF Clamp||Galvanized||ASTM A653 with a G-90 Rating|
|304 SS||Finish meets ASTM A240|
|Gaskets||100% ePTFE||Not degraded by any common chemicals (0-14 pH range)
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device, manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Compressibility: 52% (ASTM F-36)
Sealability: .o3ml/hr (ASTM F-37B) 30 psig/2 bar-air